    SubjectRe: 2.6.20-mm1 - Oops using Minix 3 file system
    2007/2/17, Daniel Aragonés <danarag@gmail.com>:
    > Well, a glance at your dmesg doesn' show that a minix partition was
    > recognized. Otherwise it would sow it. So you have not such a
    > partition within your drives.
    >
    > You are using an emulator to run minix. You will have the same problem
    > if you run minix2 or minix3 through an emulator and not from a real
    > minix2 or minix3 partition.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Daniel

    Indeed the only line of dmesg showing i mounted the partition is
    loop: loaded (max 8 devices)

    Still I actually mount an image : i can add files, edit and so on. If
    i use the emulator and mount the partition, this partition works
    perfectly and even the df commands works.

    Now i tried to understand what is going on and traced the program :

    It appears that the trouble is in the count_free of file
    fs/minix/bitmap.c . This procedure is actually called twice when we
    issue a df command.
    The point where things start to get strange is
    i = ((numbits - (numblocks-1) * bh->b_size * 8) / 16) * 2; at line 36

    In the first call to that procedure i have
    i = 3506
    bh->b_data = 0xd4e79000

    Whereas in the second call i have something much different :
    i = 536838736
    bh->b_data = d4e78000

    Tt really seems to me that this value should not be so large.
    Unfortunately, i cannot get any deeper in tracing the problem since
    even if i tried to read the code, it not documented, so i can't be
    sure I understand everything you're doing in count_free ...

    Regards,
    Cédric

      Last update: 2007-02-17 14:55    [W:0.029 / U:1.128 seconds]