SubjectRe: [patch 07/21] Xen-paravirt: remove ctor for pgd cache
On 2/16/07, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@goop.org> wrote:
> Remove the ctor for the pgd cache. There's no point in having the
> cache machinery do this via an indirect call when all pgd are freed in
> the one place anyway.

The reason we have slab constructors and destructors is to _avoid_
reinitializing every time we allocate an object. AFAICT your changing
the code now to do _more_ work than before, so is there some other
reason why you want to do this than avoiding an indirect call?

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans