SubjectRe: [RFC] killing the NR_IRQS arrays.

> > Rather than having the job of rewriting this code during 2.6, I'd much
> > prefer to get something sorted, even if it is ARM only before 2.6.
> >
> > I believe that there are some common problems with the existing API
> > which have been hinted at over the last few days, such as large
> > NR_IRQS. As such, I think it would be a good idea to try to thrash
> > this issue out and get something which everyone is happy with.
> >
> > Additionally, I've added Alan's "reserve then hook" idea to the API;
> > I seem to remember there is a case in IDE which needs something like
> > this.

You might want to have a look at the powerpc API with it's remaping
capabilities. It's very nice for handling multiple domain spaces. It
might be of some use for you.

I like your proposed API, I think that's where we want to go in the long
run.

Ben.

  Last update: 2007-02-16 23:41    [W:0.322 / U:0.168 seconds]