    SubjectRe: [patch 16/21] Xen-paravirt: Add code into head.S to handle being booted by Xen
    Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > Ok. If that is all this may be a difference that makes no difference.
    > binutils has a bad habit of looking at sections (which are fully
    > optional) instead of segments on ET_EXEC and ET_DYN objects. Only
    > ET_REL objects (.o files) are required to have sections.

    The Xen domain loader will have to be changed to deal with that, which
    isn't too much of a problem.

    My main concern is the randomness of it, and whether it will fail in
    some more harmful way on other versions of binutils.

    > So I recommend for testing write a 100 line program that includes
    > elf.h and reads out the note segment. If all is well we can split
    > this code out.

    The Xen readnotes utility is essentially that. I'll hack it.

      Last update: 2007-02-15 01:17    [W:0.043 / U:2.680 seconds]