    SubjectRe: 2.6.24: false double-clicks from USB mouse
    Hi,

    On Dec 7, 2007 12:59 PM, Ray Lee <ray-lk@madrabbit.org> wrote:
    > On Dec 2, 2007 2:07 PM, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@suse.cz> wrote:
    > > Thanks. To sum up this longish thread:
    > >
    > > - Mark seems to be able to reproduce the problem quite easily; I was not
    > > successful reproducing this no matter how hard I tried, and I also
    > > didn't receive any similar bugreports from anyone else
    > > - we are currently waiting for Mark to provide HID_DEBUG (and preferably
    > > also usbmon) output from the situation where multiple clicks are
    > > being generated incorrectly
    >
    > Okay, I'm having a problem with 2.6.24-rc4 that I didn't with 2.6.23-rc6.
    >
    > When the problem hits, my mouse (synaptics touchpad) is randomly
    > moving about and clicking things whenever I have my finger on the
    > trackpad. This behavior will persists for five to ten minutes (is
    > happening now), and seems to be triggered by load (watching online
    > videos in flash player, for example -- this matches Mark's experience
    > with a make -j4).
    >
    > I *think* the touchpad is connected via ps2, which looks like it'd
    > clear usb of any blame. It's /dev/input/event6 at any rate.
    >
    > This has been happening about once a day, and seems to start because
    > of high CPU usage. ONce the CPU is idle, it still happens though, so
    > I'm not sure why it clears up.
    >
    > Any clues for where I should hunt from here?

    Can you try replacing drivers/input/ and include/linux/input.h from
    2.6.23-rc6 and see if it works or not? That should give us idea if
    input locking changes are to blame.

    Thanks.

    --
    Dmitry

      Last update: 2007-12-07 19:35    [W:0.022 / U:75.748 seconds]