    SubjectRe: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks

    * Andi Kleen <> wrote:

    > > debugging feature can be disabled/enabled on a wide scale already:
    > >
    > > - in the .config
    > >
    > > - runtime, temporarily, via:
    > >
    > > echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs
    > That won't address my concerns about already "breaking" (as in
    > frightening the user etc.) common error handling scenarios by default.

    wow, now you again use big scary words like "breaking" and
    "frightening", with is a nice addition to the ticking timebomb

    Andi, sadly you are not listening AT ALL, you are repeating the same
    argument again and again that has been disputed and countered. Either
    come up with a new argument or please stop wasting everyone's time.

    It is undisputable that for most users an unexplained hang is far more
    "frightening" than a hang followed by an explanation in the syslog. That
    is a _hard fact_, and if you cannot accept that it's really your
    cognitive problem not ours...

     \ /
      Last update: 2007-12-03 15:37    [W:0.023 / U:9.384 seconds]