SubjectRe: [patch 00/60] 2.6.23-stable review
Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 05:09:48PM +0100, Jan Evert van Grootheest wrote:
>
>> Greg KH wrote:
>>
>>> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 2.6.23.10 release.
>>> There are 60 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response to
>>> this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please let
>>> us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and wants
>>> to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
>>>

>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> Do you think it might be possible to add the subjects of the patches
>> next time in the announcement? This would give people an easy way
>> (besides the diffstat) to check what is getting fixed.
>>

> The subject of the individual patches are in the email thread that is
> attached to this announcement, so it should be quite simple to get this
> information by just looking in your mail reader :)
>
> Also, it would be hard to do this, unless someone has a patch to quilt
> to provide this kind of information?

Greg,

I think nowadays most people that read lkml use lkml.org or comparable
services. And lkml.org does not show the subject in the thread list.

But, well, I guess that's more of an issue for lkml.org to do something
about because it really is about navigating mail threads.

and... -ENOPATCH for quilt.

So no more comments from me and I go in search of a different webservice
that allows to read lkml with mail subjects in the navigation.

-- Jan Evert

  Last update: 2007-12-27 11:15    [W:0.084 / U:5.180 seconds]