SubjectRe: x86: Increase PCIBIOS_MIN_IO to 0x1500 to fix nForce 4 suspend-to-RAM
Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> IMO, we should check which version of the specification we're supposed to
>> follow, on the basis of FADT contents, for example, and follow this one.
>
> No, we should try to figure out what Windows does. *If* windows checks the
> version, we should do that too. But we should absolutely *not* just assume
> that the documentation is an accurate picture of reality.
>
> Does anybody know how we could find out?
>
> Linus

Well, it seems that if one had a checked (debug) build of Windows (or at
least the acpi.sys driver) installed, as well as a copy of the Microsoft
ASL compiler, they could compile and temporarily override the DSDT with
a hacked one that would output what the device power states were in some
fashion (maybe through the kernel debugger). Some info about this here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/8/f/18f8cee2-0b64-41f2-893d-a6f2295b40c8/TW04015_WINHEC2004.ppt

I suspect that might require more Windows hacking skill and/or
motivation than one might be likely to find on this list, though :-)

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

  Last update: 2007-12-26 06:15    [W:3.806 / U:0.028 seconds]