SubjectRe: Major regression on hackbench with SLUB (more numbers)
On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 01:00:09PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > Another problem with using /sys/slab is that it is downright *ugly*.
> > Why is it for example, that /sys/slab/dentry is a symlink to
> > ../slab/:a-0000160?
>
> That's the only really ugly thing there. Otherwise, it's pretty nice, but
> having a million files makes for problems when trying to send somebody
> else the full info.

*raised brows*

I would say that there's that really ugly thing with embedding kobject
into a struct with the lifetime rules of its own and then having that
struct kfree()d while kobject might still have references, but hey,
maybe it's just me and my lack of appreciation of the glory that is
sysfs.

Al, too tired of ranting about sysfs being a major architecture
mistake and a recurring source of turds like that one...

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans