SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rc5-git7: Reported regressions from 2.6.23
Date
Hi,

Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> writes:

> By the way, is there any real need to specify default governor at
> a compile time in the first place? Performance governor (which was
> the only default so far) is a very simple one (not large to consider
> its size effects for embedded systems for example), and switching
> governors at run time is trivial as well. What's the motivation
> behind this new config option?

I think it is just convenient. If you never use the performance
governor, there is no need to compile it. I have no need for an init
script that changes the governor on runtime, too. I just say, use this
and nothing else, ever. Don't know if this convenience is worth the
trouble, though ;)

>> This migrates all governors from module_init() to fs_initcall() when
>> being the default, as was already done in cpufreq_performance when it
>> was the only possible choice.
>
> Oh well. Which leads to more surprises in the future, I think...

It appears a bit hackish. I would be interested in a cleaner way to
force an earlier call to a module's init function.

Hannes

  Last update: 2007-12-21 15:59    [W:0.048 / U:0.128 seconds]