SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.24-rc6
On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 17:41 -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> The most noticeable part here (both to users and in the diffstat) should
> be the libata-acpi fixes by Tejun Heo, which should hopefully take care of
> all of the regressions that were caused by teaching SATA about doing the
> proper ACPI stuff at bootup/suspend/resume/shutdown.
>
> Other changes visible in the diffstat are a couple of new watchdog drivers
> and the removal of the old tipar driver, and some Korean translations of
> the kernel docs. And some V4L videobuf changes.
>
> Other than that, it's pretty much a lot of small fixes (maybe not
> one-liners, but we're talking "a few lines"). Networking, USB, scsi,
> wireless, infiniband, IDE... With some alpha, ia64 and x86 arch updates.
>
> The regression list keeps shrinking, so we're still on track for a full
> 2.6.24 release in early January. Assuming we don't all overeat during the
> holidays and nobody gets any work done. But we all know that the holidays
> are really the time when we get away from the boring "real work", and can
> spend 24/7 on kernel hacking instead, right?
>
> Here's to a merry christmas, doing the whole druidic festival around the
> tree thing,
When my automation testing system applied it to 2.6.23, below error stopped
the testing.

Hunk #3 FAILED at 534.
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/video/mbx/reg_bits.h.rej
patching file drivers/video/mbx/regs.h

-yanmin

  Last update: 2007-12-21 03:45    [W:0.060 / U:0.260 seconds]