    SubjectRe: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks
    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 22:19:25 +0100
    Andi Kleen <> wrote:

    > > Until now users had little direct recourse to get such problems
    > > fixed. (we had sysrq-t, but that included no real metric of how
    > > long a task was
    > Actually task delay accounting can measure this now. iirc someone
    > had a latencytop based on it already.

    I have written a latencytop tool, but it's not based quite on the task
    delay accounting (it doesn't provide the right information to make such
    a tool). I've not released the tool mostly because I'm not quite happy
    about the kernel side yet... but if there's real interest I'll fix it
    up soon and release it.

    If you want to reach me at my work email, use

      Last update: 2007-12-02 23:23    [W:0.039 / U:1.268 seconds]