    SubjectRe: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks
    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 22:19:25 +0100
    Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:

    > > Until now users had little direct recourse to get such problems
    > > fixed. (we had sysrq-t, but that included no real metric of how
    > > long a task was
    >
    > Actually task delay accounting can measure this now. iirc someone
    > had a latencytop based on it already.

    I have written a latencytop tool, but it's not based quite on the task
    delay accounting (it doesn't provide the right information to make such
    a tool). I've not released the tool mostly because I'm not quite happy
    about the kernel side yet... but if there's real interest I'll fix it
    up soon and release it.

    --
    If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
    visit http://www.lesswatts.org

      Last update: 2007-12-02 23:23    [W:0.023 / U:88.948 seconds]