    SubjectRe: 2.6.24: false double-clicks from USB mouse
    [ linux-usb-devel added to CC ]

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Mark Lord wrote:

    > Okay. I've got to leave the computer for a while now, so I'll post
    > again whenever I have something new here.

    Thanks. To sum up this longish thread:

    - 2.6.24-rcX exposes the problem with sometimes multiple clicks being
    generated as a response for one click on USB mouse (evtest shows that
    really mutliple LeftBtn events arrive). 2.6.23 behaves correctly
    - reverting the state of drivers/hid to 2.6.23 state doesn't make the
    problem go away, so the problem is elsewhere (Input? USB?)
    - Mark seems to be able to reproduce the problem quite easily; I was not
    successful reproducing this no matter how hard I tried, and I also
    didn't receive any similar bugreports from anyone else
    - we are currently waiting for Mark to provide HID_DEBUG (and preferably
    also usbmon) output from the situation where multiple clicks are
    being generated incorrectly

    --
    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs

      Last update: 2007-12-02 23:09    [W:0.019 / U:1.500 seconds]