SubjectRe: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:59:45 +0100
Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

> * Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:
>
> > Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> writes:
> >
> > > this patch extends the soft-lockup detector to automatically
> > > detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks. Such hung tasks are
> > > printed the following way:
> >
> > That will likely trigger anytime a hard nfs/cifs mount loses its
> > server for 120s. To make this work you would need a new
> > TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE_EXTERNAL_EVENT or similar and mark all the
> > places which depend on those.
>
> TASK_KILLABLE should be the right solution i think.

.. and it's even a tool to show where we missed making something
TASK_KILLABLE... anything that triggers from NFS and the like really
ought to be TASK_KILLABLE after all. This patch will point any
omissions out quite nicely without having to do any kind of destructive
testing.

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2007-12-02 20:45    [W:0.095 / U:1.088 seconds]