SubjectRe: After many hours all outbound connections get stuck in SYN_SENT
> So you see outgoing SYN packets, but no SYN replies coming from the remote
> peer ? (you mention ACKS, but the first packet received from the remote
> peer should be a SYN+ACK),

Right, I meant to say SYN+ACK. I don't see them coming back.

> When the problem comes, instead of restarting the application, please take a
> tcpdump of say 10.000 packets.
> Then turn off tcp_sack and take a 2nd tcpdump sample, and make both samples
> available to us.

I can take these captures and take a look at the results.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make the captures
available to the general public.

> If turning off tcp_sack makes the problem go away, why dont you turn it off
> all the time ?

Unfortunately, I think that will be the answer if I can't get any help
fixing this problem in the kernel. It's a bummer, because many of the
remote hosts my application communicates with are on wireless links,
so there may be performance implications to turning SACK off.

  Last update: 2007-12-19 17:55    [W:0.083 / U:0.580 seconds]