    SubjectRe: INITIO scsi driver fails to work properly
    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:40:53 +0200
    Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@panasas.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, Dec 17 2007 at 15:05 +0200, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
    > >> initio doesn't seem to have a maintainer...
    > >>
    > >> Are you able to identify any earlier kernel which worked OK?
    > >>
    > >> Maybe it's a new device? If you can get the `lspci -vvxx' output
    > >> for that device we can take a look.
    > >
    > > If I remember rightly the fixes for this went into the scsi tree a couple
    > > of months ago. The patch is in the -mm tree as well. No idea why its
    > > gotten stuck as an obvious one liner.
    > >
    > > Alan
    > > -
    > You mean this one:
    > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba2c270154cc90c9a8bfc45b7bed4cca78c75aaf
    >
    > It's only queued for 2.6.25 via scsi-misc.
    >
    > I have found another bug. (See other mail in thread). I Will wait for testing
    > and submit a proper patch.

    That one yes - which really should have gone straight into the main tree
    as the initio driver has been broken all the time it sits queued for
    future patches. It can't make the problem any worse - the driver does not
    work.

      Last update: 2007-12-17 15:47    [W:0.025 / U:32.032 seconds]