SubjectRe: [patch 1/2] [RFC] Simple tamper-proof device filesystem.
Date
Tetsuo Handa writes:
>When I attended at Security Stadium 2003 as a defense side,
>I was using devfs for /dev directory. The files in /dev directory
>were deleted by attckers and the administrator was unable to login.

If the attacker gets full administrator-level access on your machine,
there are a gazillion ways the attacker can prevent other admins from
logging on. This patch can't prevent that. It sounds like this patch
is trying to solve a fundamentally unsolveable problem.

A useful slogan: "Don't forbid what you cannot prevent."

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans