SubjectRe: QUEUE_FLAG_CLUSTER: not working in 2.6.24 ?
Mark Lord wrote:
> Jens Axboe wrote:
>>> ..
>>>
>>> Mmmm.. a good thought, that one.
>>> But I just rechecked, and both have CONFIG_SLAB=y
>>>
>>> My guess is that something got changed around when Jens
>>> reworked the block layer for 2.6.24.
>>> I'm going to dig around in there now.
>>
>> I didn't rework the block layer for 2.6.24 :-). The core block layer
>> changes since 2.6.23 are:
>>
>> - Support for empty barriers. Not a likely candidate.
>> - Shared tag queue fixes. Totally unlikely.
>> - sg chaining support. Not likely.
>> - The bio changes from Neil. Of the bunch, the most likely suspects in
>> this area, since it changes some of the code involved with merges and
>> blk_rq_map_sg().
>> - Lots of simple stuff, again very unlikely.
>>
>> Anyway, it sounds odd for this to be a block layer problem if you do see
>> occasional segments being merged. So it sounds more like the input data
>> having changed.
>>
>> Why not just bisect it?
> ..
>
> Because the early 2.6.24 series failed to boot on this machine
> due to bugs in the block layer -- so the code that caused this regression
> is probably in the stuff from before the kernels became usable here.
..

That sounds more harsh than intended --> the earlier 2.6.24 kernels (up to
the first couple of -rc* ones failed here because of incompatibilities
between the block/bio changes and libata.

That's better, I think!

Cheers

  Last update: 2007-12-13 20:35    [W:0.154 / U:0.336 seconds]
©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans