SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rc5 "videobuf_read_start" [drivers/media/video/videobuf-dvb.ko] undefined!
On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:03:14AM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> I'm afraid that this wouldn't avoid this bug, however.
>
> The removal of the EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL seemed to be the intention of
> Brandon, since he renamed the function, removing the locks. I think he
> didn't noticed that videobuf_dvb were using videobuf_read_start. The
> patch I've just send fixes it properly.

At least in the commit in Linus' tree, videobuf_read_start() stayed
nearly unchanged.

> Btw, Shane patch reveals a small trouble with EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL: adding
> the tag for a non-existing function didn't rise any error.

See above.

> IMO, it
> should generate some compilation error, if you try to export a symbol
> that doesn't exist at the file that is being compiled.

It does give you a compile error when there's not at least a prototype
for the stuff to be exported, and a link error if there's no
variable/function.

> Cheers,
> Mauro

cu