    SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rc5 "videobuf_read_start" [drivers/media/video/videobuf-dvb.ko] undefined!
    On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:03:14AM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
    > I'm afraid that this wouldn't avoid this bug, however.
    > The removal of the EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL seemed to be the intention of
    > Brandon, since he renamed the function, removing the locks. I think he
    > didn't noticed that videobuf_dvb were using videobuf_read_start. The
    > patch I've just send fixes it properly.

    At least in the commit in Linus' tree, videobuf_read_start() stayed
    nearly unchanged.

    > Btw, Shane patch reveals a small trouble with EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL: adding
    > the tag for a non-existing function didn't rise any error.

    See above.

    > IMO, it
    > should generate some compilation error, if you try to export a symbol
    > that doesn't exist at the file that is being compiled.

    It does give you a compile error when there's not at least a prototype
    for the stuff to be exported, and a link error if there's no

    > Cheers,
    > Mauro

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

     \ /
      Last update: 2007-12-12 13:05    [W:0.021 / U:2.012 seconds]