    Subject[RFC] Proposed new directory layout for kvm and virtualization
    KVM is due to receive support for multiple architectures (ppc, ia64, and
    s390, in addition to the existing x86), hopefully in time for the 2.6.25
    merge window. It is awkward to place the new arch support in
    drivers/kvm/, so I'd like to propose the following new layout:

    virt/ top-level directory for hypervisors
    virt/kvm/ kvm common code
    virt/lguest/ the other hypervisor
    arch/*/kvm/ arch dependent kvm code
    include/linux/kvm.h arch independent interface
    include/asm/kvm.h arch dependent interface
    include/linux/kvm_para.h arch independent guest interface
    include/asm/kvm_para.h arch dependent guest interface

    The include/ hierarchy is already in place; I'm including it for

    Comments, alternative suggestions welcome.

    [This was foreshadowed about a year ago in, where the conclusion of the thread
    was to wait a year before making this change. Quite an accurate

      Last update: 2007-12-11 10:51    [W:0.049 / U:4.276 seconds]