    SubjectRe: Out of tree module using LSM
    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > restored faces a lot of challenges, but I hope that some kind of
    > solution can be found, because the alternative is to effectively force
    > vendors like Sophos to do it the "dirty" way by fishing in memory for
    > the syscall table.

    I don't think this is quite correct.

    The alternative is to engage with the kernel community to become part of
    the development process, to ensure that appropriate APIs are implemented,
    and to get code upstream before shipping it.

    In any case, a patch to revert the dynamic aspect of LSM has been posted
    by Arjan (and acked by myself) for the case of valid out of tree users.
    The only case of this so far has been Multiadm, although there seems to be
    no reason for it to stay out of tree.

    - James
    James Morris

      Last update: 2007-11-30 22:39    [W:0.020 / U:77.020 seconds]