    SubjectRe: Out of tree module using LSM
    Tvrtko A. Ursulin wrote:
    > During one recent LKML discussion
    > (http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=119267398722085&w=2) about
    > LSM going
    > static you called for LSM users to speak up.
    Great big clue: If "LSM" is in the subject line, then cc: the LSM list
    linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org

    For LSM readers seeing this for the first time, the thread starts here
    and goes for a while http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/11/28/106

    I'm sympathetic to the desire to be able to provide a 3rd party LSM that
    end users can install on their systems. That is why I advocated for
    keeping the dynamic LSM interface. Getting the dynamic interface
    restored faces a lot of challenges, but I hope that some kind of
    solution can be found, because the alternative is to effectively force
    vendors like Sophos to do it the "dirty" way by fishing in memory for
    the syscall table. I would much rather that Linux offers you a way to do
    what you need to do than force you to do nasty things.

    Crispin

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D. http://crispincowan.com/~crispin
    CEO, Mercenary Linux http://mercenarylinux.com/