    SubjectRe: Possibly SATA related freeze killed networking and RAID
    > Why does a single spurious interrupt cause it to be shut down?  I can

    It doesn't.

    > see if the interrupt is stuck on and keeps interrupting constantly, but
    > if it's just the occasional spurious interrupt, why not just ignore it
    > and move on?

    The interrupt is usually level triggered so it continues to create
    interrupts until you silence it. The thresholds are about 10,000
    interrupt events and on newer kernels we also reset the count if we don't
    see any for a while. That works for most stuff except the thinkpad
    bluetooth problem.

      Last update: 2007-11-30 14:21    [W:0.031 / U:0.192 seconds]