SubjectRe: Out of tree module using LSM
> closed. But more importantly further access to it can be blocked until
> appropriate actions are taken which also applies with your example, no? Is

That bit is hard- very hard.

> it possible to open for execute and have dirty mappings (or open for
> write) on a file at the same time?

If I want I can have 16 threads executing code in a shared object being
written to by ten other programs at once and shared over a network while
we are at it. Its probably not a good idea but I can do it if I have
reason to.

Unix and Linux likewise take the basic view that locking is a problem for
the user, while file permissions prevent it being made a problem for
other users.

  Last update: 2007-11-29 18:43    [W:0.103 / U:0.252 seconds]