Hi,

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Al Boldi wrote:

> git@vger sometimes bounces, so let's leave lkml as backup.

Fair enough.

> Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> > > Care to explain? Git is quite happy handling arbitrary binary
> > > content, so I find it difficult to believe that it is changing your
> > > source code in strange ways.
> >
> > It is nice of you to ask him to explain: Unless this handwaving claim
> > is substantiated, it is quite hard to argue with.
>
> Sure, the problem with GIT is that it stores the sources inside a
> backend container that is only accessible via GIT; iow, you can't
> retrieve your sources directly / transparently.

That is a very funny way to define a "transparent SCM". Are you
complaining about SQL servers being "not transparent"?

By that definition, no SCM, not even CVS, is transparent. Nothing short
of unpacked directories of all versions (wasting a lot of disk space)
would.

IOW the issue you raised is a non-issue.

Ciao,
Dscho

  Last update: 2007-11-28 19:19    [W:0.237 / U:0.036 seconds]