    SubjectRe: CONFIG_IRQBALANCE for 64-bit x86 ?
    Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > single-bzImage initrd
    > was and is possible,

    Correct (though s/initrd/initramfs/).

    Take a look at usr/Makefile for how initramfs is automatically included
    in the image, right now.

    The intention at the time was to quickly follow up this stub (generated
    by gen_init_cpio) with a full inclusion of klibc + some basics like
    nfsroot. It should be a very straightforward step to go from what we
    have today to including klibc initramfs into the kernel image.

    > so we could in fact move chunks of system-related
    > userland (such as irqbalanced) into the kernel proper?

    s/kernel/kernel tree/ I presume you mean...

    With regards to irqbalanced, if you are thinking about including it in
    initramfs, you would need to work out the details of how
    userland/distros modify the default policy configurations.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2007-11-21 03:51    [W:0.021 / U:210.388 seconds]