SubjectRe: distro specific kernels vs vanilla kernel and how to compare among each other
On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:25:27PM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> devzero@web.de writes:
>
> > does somebody know if there is a website or a project for giving comfortable and deeper insight into what`s specific to distro`s kernels and what`s their difference to vanilla kernel ?
> >
> > i mean some way to have some transparancy to what different distro vendors add to vanilla kernel sources and thus turning it into their own specific version.
>
> There used to be such a page at kernelnewbies, but at some point it disappeared.
>
> I agree it would be a useful resource.

As one of the persons who used to maintain that information on kernelnewbies
I agree. It's just quite a bit of work and these days it's not always easy
to get at the vendor kernels anymore either.

  Last update: 2007-11-19 13:59    [W:0.044 / U:0.316 seconds]