    SubjectRe: SCSI breakage on non-cache coherent architectures

    > I'd like to be rid of it inside the command for various reasons: every
    > command has one of these, and they're expensive in the allocation (at 96
    > bytes). There's no reason we have to allocate and free that amount of
    > space with every command. In theory, the number of these is bounded at
    > the queue depth, in practice, there's usually only one, and this DMA
    > alignment issue does requires most drivers to double copy.

    Do you have a plan for short term here ? I'd like something fixed
    for .25, so I may have to introduce a __dma_aligned macro of some sort
    to deal with that in the meantime...

    Ben.

      Last update: 2007-11-19 20:59    [W:0.019 / U:61.288 seconds]