    > From your comments, you believe that this patch causes something in your
    > boot process to fail. Can you supply some detail about the version of
    > dhclient you are using? I'd like to understand exactly what it is doing
    > (via libcap).
    > Thanks

    The boot succeeds (and appears to bring initialize the network adapter
    properly - it autonegotiates a 100Mbps link speed), but the dhcp client is
    never able to get an address. However, applying the rc2-mm1 patch series up
    to just before:

    results in a working kernel. Applying just this patch causes the failure. To
    be sure, I also tried applying the above patch plus the following ones:

    but the problem still occurs even with all of these.

    As to versions, I'm running Kubuntu gutsy, so I have the default:

    dhcp3-client 3.0.5-3ubuntu4
    libcap1 1:1.10-14build1

    packages installed.

    Let me know if you need any other information, or if you have a patch you
    would like tested.

    Kevin Winchester

      Last update: 2007-11-17 13:51    [W:0.027 / U:33.444 seconds]