    SubjectRe: [Patch] Fix UML broken (was Re: User Mode Linux still broken in
    On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:15:27PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
    > Rob, I'll queue this up for the next cycle, now that you've verified
    > that it was not fixed already, thanks for testing.

    I wouldn't.

    sparc includes swap.h in its pgtable.h. Adding pagemap.h to swap.h
    completes an include loop on sparc which blows up its build.

    I have a set of patches to fix this in a different way, which I sent
    out for comments a few weeks ago. They
    add uaccess.h to various futexes.h because these will start
    failing to build when the next patch is applied
    break the recursion by removing highmem.h from pagemap.h,
    which needs nothing related to highmem, and sprinkle includes of
    highmem.h in all the files which formerly got it through pagemap.h
    now, pagemap.h can be added to swap.h without blowing up sparc
    also, the other arches can include swap.h in their pgtables.h,
    which they probably should since they define operations on
    swp_entry_t, which is defined in swap.h.

    Work email - jdike at linux dot intel dot com

      Last update: 2007-11-16 16:55    [W:0.025 / U:1.272 seconds]