    SubjectRE: 2.6.23.1 - sata_mv (7042) hang with large file operations
    I have a console - and have booted with

    "pci=nomsi" and the behavior is
    ~the same or even a little worse
    in some case (but not by much)...

    I will send kernel log & the .config file separately to you...
    (quite long)...

    Further, you should note that my arch/ppc does NOT have MSI
    Capability (CONFIG_PCI_MSI) - thus I think this might be

    Is there any debugging I can turn on in the proc or sysfs?
    that might give more clues (e.g.: /proc/sys/dev/scsi/logging_level)?