    SubjectRe: [perfmon] Re: [perfmon2] perfmon2 merge news
    Andrew Morton writes:

    > I was hoping that after the round of release-and-review which Stephane,
    > Andi and I did about twelve months ago that we were on track to merge the
    > perfmon codebase as-offered. But now it turns out that the sentiment is
    > that the code simply has too many bells-and-whistles to be acceptable.

    Whose sentiment?

    I've had a bit of a look at it today together with David Gibson. Our
    impression is that the latest version is a lot cleaner and simpler
    than it used to be. I'm also reading Stephane's technical report
    which describes the interface, and whilst I'm only part-way through
    it, I haven't seen anything yet which strikes me as unnecessary or
    overly complicated.

    Paul.

      Last update: 2007-11-14 08:27    [W:0.021 / U:30.808 seconds]