    From: Andi Kleen <>
    Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 02:06:28 +0100

    > David Miller <> writes:
    > >
    > > The problem is that for the non-virtualized case this patch bloats up
    > > the BSS section to be more than 8MB in size. Sparc64 kernel images
    > > cannot be more than 8MB in size total due to various boot loader and
    > > firmware limitations.
    > I recently ran into a similar problem with x86-64 and large BSS from
    > lockdep conflicting with a 16MB kdump kernel. Solution was to do
    > another early allocator before bootmem and then move the tables into
    > there.

    Yes, I've run into similar problems with lockdep as well.
    I had to build an ultra minimalized kernel to get it to
    boot on my Niagara boxes.

    I think I even looked at the same lockdep code, and I'd
    appreciate it if you'd submit your fix for this if you
    haven't already.

      Last update: 2007-11-14 02:55    [W:0.019 / U:21.316 seconds]