    SubjectRe: Revert for cgroups CPU accounting subsystem patch
    On Nov 12, 2007 10:00 PM, Srivatsa Vaddagiri <> wrote:
    > On second thoughts, this may be a usefull controller of its own.
    > Say I just want to "monitor" usage (for accounting purpose) of a group of
    > tasks, but don't want to control their cpu consumption, then cpuacct
    > controller would come in handy.

    That's plausible, but having two separate ways of tracking and
    reporting the CPU usage of a cgroup seems wrong.

    How bad would it be in your suggested case if you just give each
    cgroup the same weight? So there would be fair scheduling between
    cgroups, which seems as reasonable as any other choice in the event
    that the CPU is contended.

      Last update: 2007-11-13 07:07    [W:0.042 / U:1.136 seconds]