SubjectRe: remove zero_page (was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.24)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

> Where do you suggest I go from here? Is there any way I can
> convince you to try it? Make it a config option? (just kidding)

No, I'll take the damn patch, but quite frankly, I think your arguments
suck.

I've told you so before, and asked for numbers, and all you do is
handwave. And this is like the *third*time*, and you don't even seem to
admit that you're handwaving.

So let's do it, but dammit:
- make sure there aren't any invalid statements like this in the final
commit message.
- if somebody shows that you were wrong, and points to a real load,
please never *ever* make excuses for this again, ok?

Is that a deal? I hope we'll never need to hear about this again, but I
really object to the way you've tried to "sell" this thing, by basically
starting out dishonest about what the problem was, and even now I've yet
to see a *single* performance number even though I've asked for them
(except for the problem case, which was introduced by *you*)

Linus

  Last update: 2007-10-10 09:55    [W:0.205 / U:0.028 seconds]