SubjectRe: video resume stuff
Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Pavel Machek wrote:
>
>>> I suggest we tackle this *after* the x86 merge.
>> Well, we still have the regression on jikos' strange system, and I would
>> like to understand what is going on there.
>
> Sorry for this taking too long. Finally I had the time to play with this
> again, so here goes the current summary. I have a system here, that:
>
> - with 1d67953f2bda8876045c24ae58841f27d9bb7572 (just before the setup
> code rewrite), resumes nicely in VGA console
> (acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode kernel parameter is needed), everything
> works
>
> - with c39736823232bc3ca113c8228fa852c09fba300e (just after the setup code
> rewrite), VGA text console is garbled after resume - looks like the
> video RAM contains some strange data (patterns from BIOS post can be
> recognized, there are some various-colored stripes across the screen,
> etc). The machine also seems to be frozen (no keyboard LEDs working,
> etc).
>
> - with 2.6.23-rc9, the video doesn't come up at all, I can't even see the
> garbled picture any more - the display stays blank, the LED diod is
> yellow (i.e. looks like completely no signal from VGA card). On the
> other hand, the machine seems to work otherwise

Jiri, what particular video mode are you running in? In other words,
what is your vga= parameter set to? In fact, what does your entire
kernel command line look like?

Also, if you could extract the information requested in:

http://marc.info/?i=46FD802D.2030804@zytor.com

... that would really help.

-hpa

(who notices we really need to export boot_params to userspace for sanity)

  Last update: 2007-10-05 20:37    [W:3.398 / U:0.008 seconds]