    SubjectRe: [patch 0/7] [RFC] SLUB: Improve allocpercpu to reduce per cpu access overhead
    From
    From: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
    Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:01:34 -0700 (PDT)

    > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, David Miller wrote:
    >
    > > Without DEBUG_VM I get a loop of crashes shortly after SSHD
    > > is started, I'll try to track it down.
    >
    > Check how much per cpu memory is in use by
    >
    > cat /proc/vmstat
    >
    > currently we have a 32k limit there.

    It crashes when SSHD starts, the serial console GETTY hasn't
    started up yet so I can't even log in to run those commands
    Christoph.

    All I can do now is bisect and then try to figure out what about the
    guilty change might cause the problem.

    This is on a 64-cpu sparc64 box, and fast cmpxchg local is not set, so
    maybe it's one of the locking changes.

      Last update: 2007-11-01 02:11    [W:0.020 / U:0.424 seconds]