    SubjectRe: [patch 0/6][RFC] Cleanup FIBMAP

    > The second use case is to look at the physical layout of blocks on disk
    > for a specific file, use Mark Lord's write_long patches to inject a disk
    > error and then read that file to make sure that we are handling disk IO
    > errors correctly. A bit obscure, but really quite useful.

    Hmm, yeah, that's interesting.

    > We have also used FIBMAP a few times to try and map an observed IO error
    > back to a file. Really slow and painful to do, but should work on any
    > file system when a better method is not supported.

    We're getting off of this FIBMAP topic, but this interests me. Can we
    explore this a little? How did you find out about the error without
    having a file to associate with it? Drive scrubbing, or some such?

    - z

      Last update: 2007-10-31 17:47    [W:0.020 / U:53.768 seconds]