    SubjectRe: [2.6.23] IBM X41 looses time after Suspend2Disk
    Hello Rafael, Pavel!

    Thank you both for the fast help.

    On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:05:10PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Monday, 29 October 2007 21:19, Philipp Matthias Hahn wrote:
    > > I have an IBM X41 tablet pc running 2.6.23 with the following problem:
    > > Suspend2Ram work fine, but when I do a Suspend2Disk (echo disk >
    > > /sys/power/state), the notebook hangs showing the following lines:
    > > Suspending console(s)
    > >
    > > When I repeatedly press some keys or move the TrackPoint, the SwSusp
    > > continues and the notebook powers off.
    > > On reboot, the notebook resumes but hangs showing the following screen:
    > > Suspending console(s)
    > >
    > > Generating interrupts by pressing keys or moving the TrackPoints makes
    > > the resume continue. But after that, the notebook looses time, xterms
    > > don't get updated until I press a key, the beeper beeps until I press a
    > > key, etc.
    > Please try to do "echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk" before hibernation and
    > see what happens.

    I'm already doing that.

    > Also, is it an SMP kernel or UP?

    UP.

    On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:24:14PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Yep, I seen that before. Try "nohz=off".

    Okay, that seems to solve the "timer loosing time after resume" problem.

    But I still need to press some keys on suspend (7-12 key presses and
    releases) to unhang it. On resume not key presses are needed any more.

    During on suspend-resume cycle ACPI barfed afer resume spewing messages
    without end (error during execution of methode \...THM, error evaulation
    operand ...) I had to remove the battery and pull the power-plug to
    reboot it.

    BYtE
    Philipp
    --