SubjectRe: [patch] sched: fix sched-domains partitioning by cpusets
Nick, responding to pj, wrote:
> > However a little bit of additional kernel cpuset code could hide
> > this detail from user space, by recognizing when the user had
> > asked to turn off load balancing on some larger cpuset, and by
> > then calling partition_sched_domains() multiple times, once for
> > each CPU in that cpuset.
>
> Yeah: do all that in cpusets. It's already information you would have
> to derive in order to make it work properly anyway. If you are not
> passing in the singleton domains ATM, then they will not get properly
> detached and isolated.

ok

> It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to keep partition_sched_domains. After
> my patch, it's really simple.

ok

It's a deal.

I've got a couple of brown paper bag bug fixes almost ready to send
out, for the patch I sent Andrew a few days ago:

cpuset and sched domains: sched_load_balance flag

I'll send these in, and then get some sleep and code up these changes
to the partition_sched_domains, along the lines you have recommended.

Thanks, Nick and Ingo.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability