    SubjectOut-of-tree modules [was: Linux Security *Module* Framework]
    On Oct 25 2007 19:56, Greg KH wrote:

    >What kind of code is not accepted into the mainline kernel tree for good
    >reasons? What are these reasons? What specific code are you talking
    >I'm trying to compile a list of all known external modules and drivers
    >and work to get them included in the main kernel tree to help prevent
    >these kinds of things. If you know of any that are not on the list at:
    >please feel free to add them, or email me with the needed information
    >and I will add them to the list.

    quad_dsp -

    Provides a /dev/dsp style node for legacy applications that support
    neither ALSA nor the AOSS wrapper nor more-than-2-channel sound.

    thkd -

    Workaround for Toshiba MK2003GAH hard-drive head auto-unloading after
    5-15 seconds. (Ref: )

      Last update: 2007-10-30 00:53    [W:0.020 / U:39.964 seconds]