SubjectOut-of-tree modules [was: Linux Security *Module* Framework]
On Oct 25 2007 19:56, Greg KH wrote:

>What kind of code is not accepted into the mainline kernel tree for good
>reasons? What are these reasons? What specific code are you talking
>I'm trying to compile a list of all known external modules and drivers
>and work to get them included in the main kernel tree to help prevent
>these kinds of things. If you know of any that are not on the list at:
>please feel free to add them, or email me with the needed information
>and I will add them to the list.

quad_dsp -

Provides a /dev/dsp style node for legacy applications that support
neither ALSA nor the AOSS wrapper nor more-than-2-channel sound.

thkd -

Workaround for Toshiba MK2003GAH hard-drive head auto-unloading after
5-15 seconds. (Ref: )