SubjectRe: [BUG] [linux-pm] Commit "Hibernation: Enter platform hibernation state in a consistent way)" makes my system to resume instantly from S4
Date
On Saturday 27 October 2007 23:46:45 Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 October 2007 14:05, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently I noticed that my system resumes just after suspend to disk.
> >
> > I traced this to commit 9cd9a0058dd35268b24fa16795a92c800f4086d4.
> >
> > Note:
> >
> > This happens only if I enable WOL using /proc/acpi/wakeup
> > (echo "ILAN" > /proc/acpi/wakeup)
>
> What happens after a suspend to RAM?
I do more testing tomorrow, but what I remember is that,
I had no issues with suspend-to-ram.
(And take into account the fact that _all_ wakeup devices were enabled always,
the rc.local does that for me, and still I did quite a lot of suspends, but I
got the immediate resume, only and always after suspend to disk.

> > and have
> > "ACPI-Hibernate-erroneously-disabled-Suspend-wakeup" applied, since otherwise
> > all wake-up sources are disabled in S4.
> >

> > Clearly the above commit confuses the BIOS.
> > Using latest -git with the above patch reverted makes everything work again fine.
>
> Well, this patch is needed to make wakeup from peripherals (eg. RTC alarm) work
> on some boxes.
>
> The symptom that you describe is similar to what I'm observing after a suspend
> to RAM on one test box.
>
> Can you produce a log of kernel messages printed before powering off the
> system?
How :-)

(I will try to set up netconsole, and turn on acpi debugging, maybe this will help)

> Greetings,
> Rafael

Thanks,
Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

  Last update: 2007-10-28 21:03    [W:0.259 / U:0.012 seconds]