SubjectRe: Major SATA / EXT3 Issue?
Chris Holvenstot schrieb:
> I am curious if anyone else has had major problems with SATA drives on
> the current series of kernels. I have (or rather had) two SATA drives
> on my system - the first was a Maxtor MaxLine 500 and the second was a
> Maxtor MaxLine 250.
> [...]

If harddisks get too hot they die pretty quickly.
The current harddisks usually support SMART. Ask the disks what
they think it's wrong:
http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

Then, check the disks with different hardware... I have seen
several issues with bad cables and broken hardware.

If you think that the problem is kernel related, you can boot
some other distro or change the kernel to see if this problem
still persists. Please post the dmesg output if you are sure
the problem is kernel related...

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller

http://www.anagramm-technology.com
Phone: +49-89-741518-50
Fax: +49-89-741518-19

  Last update: 2007-10-27 16:17    [W:0.071 / U:0.256 seconds]