    SubjectRe: per BDI dirty limit (was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.24)

    On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 09:02 -0700, Greg KH wrote:

    > Ah, I see a few problems. Here, try this version instead. It's
    > compile-tested only, and should be a lot simpler.
    > Note, we still are not setting the parent to the new bdi structure
    > properly, so the devices will show up in /sys/devices/virtual/ instead
    > of in their proper location. To do this, we need the parent of the
    > device, which I'm not so sure what it should be (block device? block
    > device controller?)

    The problem is that not every bdi has a sysfs represented parent, hence
    the class suggestion. For block devices it is indeed the block device
    itself, but for example the NFS client's server descriptor does not have
    a sysfs representation.

    > Let me know if this works better, I'm off to a kids birthday party for
    > the day, but will be around this evening...

    Hehe, do enjoy! Thanks.

      Last update: 2007-10-27 18:11    [W:0.020 / U:31.200 seconds]