SubjectRe: per BDI dirty limit (was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.24)

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 09:02 -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> Ah, I see a few problems. Here, try this version instead. It's
> compile-tested only, and should be a lot simpler.
>
> Note, we still are not setting the parent to the new bdi structure
> properly, so the devices will show up in /sys/devices/virtual/ instead
> of in their proper location. To do this, we need the parent of the
> device, which I'm not so sure what it should be (block device? block
> device controller?)

The problem is that not every bdi has a sysfs represented parent, hence
the class suggestion. For block devices it is indeed the block device
itself, but for example the NFS client's server descriptor does not have
a sysfs representation.

> Let me know if this works better, I'm off to a kids birthday party for
> the day, but will be around this evening...

Hehe, do enjoy! Thanks.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans