    SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] cpusets: add interleave_over_allowed option
    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, David Rientjes wrote:

    > You would pass NODE_MASK_ALL if your intent was to interleave over
    > everything you have access to, yes. Otherwise you can pass whatever you
    > want access to and your interleaved nodemask becomes
    > mpol_rebind_policy()'s newmask formal (the cpuset's new mems_allowed)
    > AND'd with pol->passed_nodemask.

    We would need two fields in the policy structure

    1. The specified nodemask (generally ignored)

    2. The effective nodemask (specified & cpuset_mems_allowed)

    If we have these two then its easy to get a bit further by making
    the first nodemask a relative nodemask. The calculation of the effective
    nodemask changes somewhat but the logic is then applicable to MPOL_BIND as

      Last update: 2007-10-26 23:15    [W:0.022 / U:47.656 seconds]