    SubjectRe: [AppArmor 00/45] AppArmor security module overview
    On Friday 26 October 2007 16:37, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > In addition, I'd like to ask you to put a file in Documentation/
    > somewhere that describes what AppArmor is intended security protection
    > is (it's different from SELinux for sure for example); by having such a
    > document for each LSM user, end users and distros can make a more
    > informed decision which module suits their requirements... and it also
    > makes it possible to look at the implementation to see if it has gaps
    > to the intent, without getting into a pissing contest about which
    > security model is better; but unless the security goals are explicitly
    > described that's a trap that will keep coming back... so please spend
    > some time on getting a good description going here..

    Hmm, I agree that it makes sense to give a short overview of each LSM. A
    description of the AppArmor model and implementation can be found in the
    directory that John referred to actually. I'm unsure how much of that makes
    sense under Documentation/ -- what do you think?

    I guess actual end user information doesn't belong in the kernel sources; that
    really seems wrong.

      Last update: 2007-10-26 22:45    [W:0.020 / U:73.932 seconds]