    SubjectRe: Linux Security *Module* Framework (Was: LSM conversion to static interface)
    On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 11:46:39AM +0200, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:56:47 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    > > I'm trying to compile a list of all known external modules and drivers
    > > and work to get them included in the main kernel tree to help prevent
    > > these kinds of things. If you know of any that are not on the list at:
    > >
    > > please feel free to add them, or email me with the needed information
    > > and I will add them to the list.
    > That's certainly helpful, but I still think there will always be
    > a number of external modules that cannot be merged right now or at
    > all, and deliberately making life difficult for out-of-tree code
    > maintainers in order to coerce them into submitting their code for
    > inclusion in the kernel will not work, it'll only create bad
    > feelings.

    Do you have examples of proof of this? Read
    Documentation/stable_api_nonsense.txt for how we already make
    out-of-tree code developer's lives hell :)

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2007-10-26 18:03    [W:0.020 / U:1.412 seconds]