SubjectRe: Is gcc thread-unsafe?
On 10/25/07, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:

> The gcc developers seem to have had a total disregard for what people
> want or need, and every time some code generation issue comes up, there's
> a lot of people on the list that do language-lawyering, rather than admit
> that there might be a problem.

Please make a proposal for how gcc should be modified instead of just
shooting on the gcc people -- the root cause here is the way the C/C++
memory model is defined. (Note: I'm not in any way involved in gcc
development.)

You can find my proposal to improve gcc here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-10/msg00465.html

Bart Van Assche.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans