SubjectRe: Linux machines dieing in swap storms
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:20:41 +0100
Richard Purdie <rpurdie@rpsys.net> wrote:

> Advice on solving this welcome preferably in mainline but I'll happily
> hack my kernels with a workaround if need be.

I can't see any easy hacks or workarounds to fix the issue in the
current MM, except maybe activate the OOM killer if the amount of
page cache and buffer cache is really low and swap is full...

In the longer run, I'm working on:

http://linux-mm.org/PageReplacementDesign