SubjectRe: Linux Security *Module* Framework (Was: LSM conversion to static interface)
* Casey Schaufler (casey@schaufler-ca.com) wrote:
> And don't give me the old "LKML is a tough crowd" feldercarb.
> Security modules have been much worse. Innovation, even in
> security, is a good thing and treating people harshly, even
> "for their own good", is an impediment to innovation.

I agree that innovation is critical to the success of Linux, and security
is not immune to that. The trouble is that most of the security modules
that have come forward have had some real serious shortcomings. I do
believe it is prudent to keep in-tree security sensitive code under
high scrutiny because we do not want to create security holes by adding
problematic security code.

thanks,
-chris

  Last update: 2007-10-25 02:33    [W:0.167 / U:3.596 seconds]